On Friday, dirty hands and smiling faces were abound in the Salon Comunal, as the AM students packed their planters with soil and seeds for the second part of our plastic bottle project. Here is how we did the project:
1. Gather the painted bottles, Popsicle sticks, markers, seeds, and soil.
2. Instruct the kids to choose a type of seed, and write the name of the plant on their Popsicle stick. (Be sure to monitor this step closely, as we have a few “Omboosi Guiam” species in our garden now).
3. Have the kids fill the bottles just over halfway with soil, and poke three holes up to the knuckle on their pointer finger.
4. Place a couple seeds in each hole.
5. Cover the seeds with some dirt, and place the Popsicle stick in!